#GraffitiMusic is a poster design project based on the combination of music and art throughout the urban environment. I planned to express popular music genres into ten typographic graffiti stencils. I, then, spray-paint them onto the printed posters that feature the song lyrics from the different music genres. The first design drafts included photographs of city walls in Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent with the lyrics of the chosen songs from each genre. For the final designs, I decided to select and update four posters by removing the backgrounds, leaving and aligning the songs’ famous choruses. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 outbreak interfered, and I was forced to complete the project by “spray-painting” the stencils digitally.
Selected songs and lyrics from 10 music genres:
1. POP - Feel by Robbie Williams (https://youtu.be/iy4mXZN1Zzk)
2. ROCK - Blitzkrieg Bop by Ramones (https://youtu.be/-CRAXIZoZv0)
3. ELECTRONIC - by CHVRCHES (https://youtu.be/e1YqueG2gtQ)
4. SOUNDTRACK - Can You Feel the Love Tonight by Elton John (https://youtu.be/KjgWWjkNbhU)
5. HIP-HOP - Lose Yourself by Eminem (https://youtu.be/nPA2czkOsFE)
6. SINGER/SONGWRITER - Perfect by Ed Sherran (https://youtu.be/2Vv-BfVoq4g)
7. CLASSICAL - The Messiah: Hallelujah by George Frideric Handel (https://youtu.be/u6_nJ11BgTE)
8. R&B - Panini by Lil Nas X (https://youtu.be/bXcSLI58-h8)
9. SOUL - Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd (https://youtu.be/KEI4qSrkPAs)
10. METAL - by Led Zeppelin (https://youtu.be/RlNhD0oS5pk)
I have to admit that it was a robust process, but it was kind of fun expressing music into art!